- Maple trees – Most people love maple trees because of the beautiful red foliage that they get in the fall, but maples are also great for shading your home or business. They can grow anywhere between 8 and 12 feet per year, which is more than enough for a very tall shade tree after a little over a year. Maples also yield the main ingredient in syrup!
- Oak trees – Did you know that the White Oak tree is the Maryland state tree? It’s also one of the perfect trees to put in your yard for some good shade. Oaks adapt well to just about anywhere and grow easily and quickly. They don’t require a lot of maintenance, which makes them a great option for those who don’t have a lot of time to spend caring for landscaping.
- Sycamore trees – If you’ve already got maple shade trees, sycamores are great companions. You’ll have beautiful red and gold foliage in the fall to complement your home. It is also very low maintenance (plant, add water, tree!). If you buy a baby sycamore, plan on about 2 years before it’s grown tall enough to make a full shade tree – they grow about 6 feet per year.
- Beech trees – Maryland winters can get brutally cold, but beech trees can withstand the weather! They can handle temperatures all the way down to -30 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s a seriously resilient tree. Complete your family of maple and sycamore with the bronze of fall beech trees.
- Chestnut trees – Not only will you get great shade, but you’ll also get roasting chestnuts off of this tree, which can be a great treat in the fall. They’ll also attract wildlife, such as squirrels and chipmunks, to your yard to feast on the chestnuts. Chestnut trees are similar to beech trees in the types of weather they can withstand – cold temperatures don’t faze them.
If you’re looking to save money and beautify your landscape, a shade tree is the way to go. Rhine Landscaping can help you identify the best shade tree for your landscaping needs and branch out from there to create the perfect landscape for your Maryland home. To learn more about Maryland shade trees, contact Rhine Landscaping by calling 410-442-2445 or click here today! You can also follow us on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn!