Summer is almost over, but that doesn’t mean you cannot continue utilize your outdoor space. You still have plenty of time before winter to entertain, spend time with your family, or just relax by yourself in the privacy of your own backyard. So if you have been thinking about starting a new landscaping project, you still have time. But your window of nice weather is quickly closing.
So what are the most popular landscaping trends of the year? They include:
- Pergolas: The perfect combination of sun and shade, a pergola adds aesthetic beauty to your landscape. They are also great for growing vines or other hanging plants.
- Flagstone Patio: A flat stone that comes in a variety of colors and sizes, flagstone can add a breathtaking entertainment platform to your yard that requires far less maintenance than a wood deck.
- Natural Stains: “Soy-based”, “natural pigments”, and “non-hazardous” are terms you should look for on your next can of stain. Conventional stains contain materials that can be hazardous to both you and the environment.
- New Age Wicker: Wicker furniture has been popular for years, but a new weather-resistant wicker has recently come onto the market. These resin-based pieces of furniture can be left out in the rain or sun without having to worry about rotting.
- Fountains: Not just for the rich and famous anymore. Fountains have hit the mainstream and can add that little something extra to your landscape to really make it pop.
- Solar Lights: With rising energy costs continuing to concern homeowners, solar lights have quickly increased in popularity.
- Regional Plants: By choosing plants that are native, or that thrive, in your region, you can help with water conservation efforts in your area.
So get to work and turn your landscape into a work of art.
If you have any questions about your next landscaping project or if you want a professional opinion or estimate, contact Rhine Landscaping by calling 410-442-2445 or click here today!
Popular Landscaping Trends RealtyTimes.com