As the weather begins to get consistently cooler, many folks begin to change their landscaping. To keep things looking proper and minimize the amount of work needed in the spring, there are some steps that you can take to accomplish these tasks.
For help with seasonal lawn maintenance in Howard County, Montgomery County, or Baltimore County, contact our Team at 410-442-2445.
Cleaning and Maintaining Your Yard
- Rake leaves and remove debris: It is important for your lawn to receive a proper air flow and sunlight. This allows the grass to stay in good health and minimize diseases from inclement weather. Therefore, be sure to rake any leaves, pine needles, or other debris, such as dead plants or branches. Do this on a consistent basis and try not to let it pile up too much.
- Mowing and watering: The colder temperatures will slow your grass growth but continue mowing and watering throughout the Fall season.
- Fertilizing: The Fall season is a great time to fertilize your landscape. Be sure to apply a nitrogen-only fertilizer to provide your grass the required nutrients. This will help maintain a stronger grass root.
- Plant trees: Did you know the Fall season is a great time to plant trees? The cooler temperatures allow the tree roots to become more established in time for spring.
- Adding mulch: Add mulch around gardens, trees, and shrubs and do so before the first freeze. Mulch will help insulate the plant roots against the cold and excessive water from rain or melting snow.
- Last time to mow: As shorter grass is more resistant to diseases, mow your grass one last time once the weather turns cold.
It’s Almost Thanksgiving!
- Planting vibrant, rich fall flowers: Despite the cooler weather, there are many plants that are full of color and great for the Fall season. Mums and pansies are often preferred for great autumn hues of dark yellows, oranges, purples, bronzes, and gold.
- Fall decors: Hay bales, corn stalks, and pumpkins are great options for holiday decor. Place them around a walking path or entryway, or to add depth to a flower bed.
Schedule Seasonal Lawn & Landscape Maintenance with Rhine
Rhine Landscaping and Rhine Pools are dedicated to bringing you the ultimate outdoor living experience. More than just a pool builder, our expertise in outdoor living helps us design the custom outdoor living experience you have been searching. If you have any questions about a new pool or about pool renovations, or any landscaping or construction ideas in Howard, Baltimore, or Montgomery County, contact RHINE by calling 410-442-2445 or clicking here today!