We all want our grass to look its best, but sometimes it can do its job a little too well. Grass that invades your garden is unsightly and cause issues for your little veggies or flowers. So, how can you rid yourself of this problem? That’s where we come in. We’ve got the scoop on how to keep your garden free of invasive grass. Let’s check it out.
Preventing the Grass from Starting Problems
Prevention is usually the best way to solve a problem, so if you’re thinking about planting a little garden then you might want to think about some of these suggestions while you think. Keeping the grass out early is going to save you a lot of time and effort down the line.
- Mulchin’ Time: Mulch can help keep grass from growing in your garden. It will at least slow it down. Now, there are many types of mulch you can use. Ask a Rhine landscaper to help you select one.
- Grass Species: The type of grass you choose to plant is going to have a big impact on how it grows and behaves during its life cycle. Choosing the right grass type is going to help keep it contained.
- Mowin’ Time: Keeping your grass nicely trimmed is going to keep the seedlings from finding their way over to your beautiful garden, so keep them in check.
Getting rid of Grass
If you already have grass starting trouble around your garden then you need to get rid of it before it gets the best of you. Here’s a few things you can do.
- Pull it out: Pull out the grass yourself. It’s a simple way to get rid of it. You can hire us to pull it out for you if you like. We’ll make sure every little pesky piece of grass is gone.
- Pour Boiling Water on it: Yes indeed! Pouring boiling water onto invasive grass get rid of it quite effectively. It’s an all-natural alternative to our next option.
- Herbicide: Adding a little herbicide to your problem spots can get rid of the grass. Make sure that you don’t put too much or get any on your flowers.
Ready to rid yourself of mosquitoes?
If you have any questions about how to get gardening without interference from grass, you can contact Rhine Landscaping by giving us a call at 410-442-2445. You can also contact us on our website:https://rhinelandscaping.com. We can help you plan, plant, and create the yard of your dreams.