Do you enjoy entertaining? Are you looking for the perfect focal point for your outdoor gathers? You want something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Why not install an outdoor firepit?
This article from eHow.com explains the seven steps you should take when installing your first firepit.
A firepit can be the perfect solution to an otherwise lifeless backyard, adding both looks and functionality to your landscape. But before you go throwing a pit randomly in your backyard, you must take several factors into account, including aesthetics and logistics. What style of pit will best fit your needs and your landscape? Firepits come in several variations – from stone ones that tower over 8 feet tall, to simple metal structures with a bowl. You will not want your new fire pit to clash with your yard, so do your research.
1. Look for ways to extend elements from your patio around the fireplace. For instance, if your patio is made from bricks or pavers, edge the fireplace with the same materials for a seamless look.
2. Plant a bed of flowers or place a cluster of container plants near the fireplace. Use the same types of plants you already have growing for continuity. On chilly days, you’re likely to sit close to the fire. Having plants nearby adds privacy and energy to the area.
3. Look for landscaping accessories to accent the fireplace, such as a birdbath, sundial or bench made of the same material or painted the same color. You can set the item near the fireplace if it suits the rest of the environment, or place it in the yard where it makes the most sense.
4. Paint clay pots the color of the fireplace. Adding a few potted plants around the immediate area where the fireplace sits is a subtle and easy way to complement the fireplace.
5. Lay gravel around the base of the fireplace to catch any stray embers. Spread the same gravel over a plant bed leading to the fireplace.
6. Set up an outdoor container fountain near the fireplace. The sounds of running water combined with the crackle of a fire provide a soothing, natural soundscape.
If you have any questions, contact Rhine Landscaping by calling 410-442-2445 or click here today!